Fix Hair Transplant Cost Policy
• Final cost determined after doctor assessment
• As FUT & FUE are 2 different techniques, their charges are also different
• Charging Unit for FUT - Per Graft
• Charging Unit for FUE - Per Hair
• Per Job Fixed Price, no more to pay
• Free Follow-Up for 4 months
• 12 months interest free installment
|Service||Professional Fee (HKD)|
( Include Tricoscan Hair Analysis )
|FUE Technique||$ 10 - 24 ( Per Hair ) *|
|FUT Technique||$ 18 - 40 ( Per Graft ) *|
|Minimal Charge||$ 15,000|
|HIV & Hepatitis C Quick Test||$ 200 ( Compulsory )|
|Postop Visit||Free for 4 Months|
|Demo Case Discount||To be Negotiated|
|Payment ( HKD only )||EPS, VISA, Mastercard, WeChat Pay, American Express, PayPal, Cash|
|12 Months Interest Free Instalment||Heng Seng Bank and American Express Cardholders|
* The final cost per hair or per graft would depend on the total number of hair follicle transplanted
We are the first center in Hong Kong to advocate a Fixed Price Policy. After consultation the doctor will advise you the minimal number of grafts required for your procedure. We calculate your surgical fee according to this number of grafts. This is all you have to pay for!
What Happens to Extra grafts?
No graft will be wasted - All extra graft will be planted for free.
What Happen with Less Grafts?
If we cannot get the promised number, the difference will be refunded.
You pay for 1,000 grafts. If we get 1,100 grafts, you have the extra 100 for free.
If we only get 900, we refund the cost for 1,000 - 900 = 100 grafts.
• All oral or topical medication required before and during procedure
• Surgical fee
• 4 Months wound care and follow-up after hair transplant
Estimating the cost is a complicated factor, and cannot be done just by a phone call or email. The cost depends mainly on the number of grafts required to achieve the expected result. 4 factors must be considered:
1. AREA of bald area to be transplanted
2. DENSITY of graft desired per sq.cm
3. Amount of DONOR HAIR available for transplant
4. Patients' EXPECTATION
During the consultation the patient and doctor need to first agree on where to transplant. Obviously the patient may want to fill up every empty spots. However the following factors must be considered:
• Extent of current hair loss
• Potential and extent of future loss
• Is patient taking medication to prevent further loss
• Budget of the patient
The purpose of hair transplant is to create a visual illusion of not being bald. When there is not enough donor hair or the budget limited, the patiens must decide which area should be transplanted first, the hairline or the crown.
Key Area Transplant
During consultation our doctor may suggest transplanting certain areas to receive the maximum coverage and best visual improvement.
The Basic - Appearance of Fullness
A full head of hair appearance is Maintained until approximately 50% of the original hair volume is lost. Thinning is apparent when light is reflected from the scalp, creating a "see-through". There is a critical density below which no visual impact will be perceived. Those with a limited budget or donor hair should make a compromise on area but not density
Recommended Follicular Unit Density
Different density will be requires to achieve expected result in different ethnic groups.
|Normal||100 / sq.cm
( 200 Hair)
|60 / sq.cm
( 160 Hair)
|90 ⁄ sq.cm
( 170 Hair)
|Minimal||40 /sq.cm||24 /sq.cm||35 /sq.cm|
|Average||45 /sq.cm||35 /sq.cm||45 /sq.cm|
|Dense Packing||55 /sq.cm||45 /sq.cm||55 /sq.cm|
3. DONOR HAIR AVAILABILITY
The following factors of donor hair must be considered when planning number of grafts:
• Diameter of hair shaft
• Color contrast between hair and scalp
• Straight hair, wavy hair, or curly hair
• Laxity at the Donor Area
• Previous hair transplant, especially FUE
• Density and Quality of donor hair
• Size of Safe Donor Area, and amount of available donor hair for the life-time
During consultation, the doctor will determine the final cost according to:
• Your expectation - average vs. high density
• Level of the re-designed hairline
• Hairline Restore vs. Add-on Density
• The Recipient Area - shaved or not shaved