SMP is not just Tattoo on the Scalp
Medical SMP is a non-surgical procedure used to improve the appearance of people suffered from hair loss. Baldness appears when there is reflection of light from the scalp. For long hair fibres are sprinkled on the scalp to reduce such reflection. The drawback of such however wa that the fibres would be washed away by rain and sweat, and the daily use in a long rum would cost a fortune.
SMP applied the same principle when ink is injected into the dernmal layers of the scalp. When done properly the ink can be retained for years giving a long lasting covering effect. In 2019 the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) described SMP, FUE and FUT as the Triple Crown in Hair Loss Remedies.
Since 2014 we have developed our SMP into a Medical procedure performed under local anesthesia in an Aseptic Area supervised by a Medical Practitioner. Although many Hair Dressors and Tattoo Artists also provide SMP to clients, their results and technique are totally different from ours.
3 Advantages of SMP
1. No Surgery
• No need to cut any scalp tissue
• minimally invasive, back to work next day
2. Pain Free
• performed under local anesthesia by doctor
• Deeper needling for longer ink retention
• Cheaper than hair transplant and courses
• Save money on hair piece and hair fibres
Applications of SMP
Our Scalp Micropigmentation helps to improve appearance of patients suffer from the following 4 conditions:
How Is Our SMP Performed
Our SMP is simple, affordable, and performed as Day Procedure. A proprietary formula of pigment (ink) is applied to the scalp with micro-fine needles using an electric device. Needle sizes, penetration depths, angles, pigment colors and distribution rates are selected carefully depending on the specific area of the scalp being treated at the time, the skin tone of the individual, and the desired final appearance. This is to create thousands of tiny impressions in giving the illusion of fuller hair in a balding scalp.
We use tested pigments that less likely to blur or fade overtime. The needles we use penetrate much deeper than other techniques for better and lasting result. Our staff has been fully trained overseas in the latest technique.
Who Should Consider SMP ?
SMP is suitable as an alternative to hair transplant for most types of hair loss in men and women. SMP can also be used to enhance the result of hair transplant, and to conceal any types of scalp scars. There are many good candidates for SMP:
1. Men who want to shave their head and appear like a full head of hair with a shaved scalp;
2. Many autoimmune disease patients who cannot have hair transplant (e.g. Alopecia Areata);
3. Patients who don’t want to have a transplant;
4. Patients who are not good candidates like depleted donor areas;
5. To compliment the result of hair transplant by adding "density";
6. In treating scars from previous hair transplants and for treating the old type of ‘plugs’;
7. Women with thinning hair are great candidates for this type of procedure.
Who Should Not Consider SMP ?
People with scalp acne or other skin sensitives like psoriasis should avoid getting SMP during a breakout or flare-up, as it will be difficult to apply pigment to the inflamed areas. Those prone to developing keloids may also not be a good candidate for SMP.